Monday 16 September 2019

Ecs210 week 3

Death/ghosts and the curriculum

     I chose Death/ghosts and the curriculum as my topic. This topic looks interesting, and I really don't know how this could even be in a curriculum so that's why I chose it. In the reading last week Smith stated, "As a minimum, a curriculum should provide a basis for planning a course, studying it empirically and considering the grounds of its justification." and I just cannot wrap my head around how this applies to curriculum outside of a catholic school system. Of course that's only if I take it literally and I highly doubt anyone other than me would do such a thing.
While searching for articles on this topic I found one called The Death of Curriculum Studies and Its Ghosts. In the article they discuss how curriculum is never changing and cannot support all of American youth. Using this idea, I've knocked off step one of the assignment.
I would like to find another article that helps support the idea of Death and Ghosts for discussing old images of the curriculum and start by drawing parallels between the two articles, while hopefully keeping my personal opinion about it under wraps. I think it's important to remain impartial to certain things.
Below is a citation for the article in MLA.
Snaza, Nathan. "The Death of Curriculum Studies and Its Ghosts." Journal of Curriculum and Pedagogy 11.2 (2014): 154-73. Web.

No comments:

Post a Comment